Put your skills to work at the agency that administers NYC’s landmark campaign finance program. A wide variety of positions may be available. Check back frequently for new opportunities!
Career opportunities currently available at the NYC Campaign Finance Board are described in detail below. New York City residency is required for most positions. We offer a dynamic work environment, training, growth potential, and excellent benefits. Full-time positions offer a competitive benefits package and salary commensurate with experience. If you would like to be considered for one of these opportunities, please email, fax, or mail your resume and cover letter to:
Mr. Corey Schaffer
NYC Campaign Finance Board
100 Church Street,12th Floor
New York, New York 10007
Fax #: (212) 409-1705
The CFB is an equal opportunity employer firmly committed to diversity. If you anticipate needing any type of reasonable accommodation to apply for an employment opportunity, please contact Corey Schaffer at (212) 409-1800.
Graphic Designer (Full Time Seasonal – 12 months)
Salary Range: $45,000 - $60,000
The NYC Campaign Finance Board (CFB), a nonpartisan, independent city agency that enhances the role of New York City residents in elections, seeks a talented graphic designer with good design aesthetics and strong typography skills.
The ideal candidate will be a passionate, self-motivated, and conceptual thinker, with a good eye for detail. The graphic designer will collaborate with the Art Director in creating intelligent and visually compelling material consistent with the identity of the agency.
We offer a dynamic work environment, training, growth potential, excellent benefits, and salary commensurate with experience.
- Designs and formats flyers, reports, brochures, handbooks.
- Develops and creates data visualizations for print and web.
- Color corrects and crops photos for print and web.
- Creates and updates PDF fill-in forms.
- Assists in proofing, printing, and production of projects.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, primarily InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 2+ years full-time graphic design experience.
- Familiarity with Prezi and Adobe Presenter, and/or previous experience in video creation
and editing a plus.
- Photography knowledge and experience a plus.
- New York City residency must be obtained within 90 days of starting the position.
.NET Developer (Seasonal - 18 months)
The CFB seeks an experienced full stack .NET Web Developer. Under general supervision, with broad scope for the exercise of independent initiative and judgment, this developer is responsible for the system analysis, technical design, development, testing, enhancement, and maintenance of various applications that support the Agency’s business functions. The selected candidate will be required to perform tasks related to the development of software applications, Umbraco CMS, and data transformation activities for the Agency.
- Responsible for full software development life cycle, including user interface design, database development, back-end architecture, deployment and maintenance of the defined solution based on business and functional requirements.
- Design, write, unit test, and document application code to successfully deliver secure, robust, transactional and service oriented architectures.
- Understand the Agency’s strategic initiatives and develop technology solutions that deliver the required business value.
- Understand complex business processes/applications with intent to re-write/enhance using current tools/technology.
- Provide supporting documentation for all phases of development/implementation.
- Develop technical specifications, including data flow diagrams.
- Maintain data security and internal controls of environment to adequately protect Agency assets and records.
- Strong demonstrable experience in systems architecture and N-tier application development using Microsoft’s web technology stack (ASP.NET MVC, C#, IIS6/7/8, ADO.NET, Entity Framework, SOAP/REST Web Services including Web API and WCF, Http Handlers, Http Modules).
- Experience with Responsive Web Design (RWD) patterns.
- Ability to build/create/maintain application databases utilizing MS SQL Server (2008 and above), including SSIS, TSQL, stored procedures, functions & performance tuning.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, recognize and react to changing business needs and effectively prioritize tasks.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work both independently and in conjunction with team members and business units. Enthusiasm and flexibility to work on a variety of projects are necessary, as well as the ability to rapidly acquire new domain familiarity.
- Ability to meet deadlines, identify issues and resolve with minimal direction.
- Ability to analyze, document and validate software requirements.
- Experience with the Software Development Life Cycle Methodology (SDLC) and Agile development methodologies.
- Experience reverse engineering legacy monolithic client-server applications and reengineering and rewriting in segments in a loosely coupled service oriented architecture.
- Ability to speak and write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 4+ years of development experience.
- 2-3 years of experience with ASP.NET MVC 4/5.
- 3-4 years of experience with C#, .NET, Visual Studio, ASP.NET, IIS.
- 4+ years of experience with MS SQL Server, T-SQL, Tables, Stored Procedures, Views.
- 2+ years of Entity Framework (EF) experience.
- 2+ years of Web Services/WCF/Web API experience.
- 1-2 years of experience in designing rich dynamic web applications using HTML5 features along with Responsive Design using CSS3.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience (not required):
- ReactJS or ReactJS.NET.
- Basic graphics editing using Photoshop.
- General understanding of good UI/UX design.
- Agile Scrum development methodology.
- Knowledge of performance tuning, security, scalability.
- Proficiency in writing unit tests and using unit testing frameworks.
- Experience with Dependency Injection frameworks (Ninject, Unity).
- Experience with Team Foundation Server (TFS) or comparable Source Control tools.
- Experience with Bootstrap templates.
- Experience with Story Boarding tools such as Balsamiq or PowerPoint Story Boarding.
Business Systems Analyst
$70,000 - $75,000
The New York City Campaign Finance Board seeks an experienced Business Systems Analyst. We offer a dynamic work environment, training, growth potential, and excellent benefits. Applicants must possess a B.S. or B.A. in computer science, management information systems, or a related discipline.
- Identify, assess and document end-user requirements
- Translate user requirements into functional and non-functional specifications
- Design applications to satisfy all specifications
- Monitor the development process to ensure compliance with system design
- Create and execute comprehensive system test plans
- Perform QA assessments to ensure that all specifications, fixes and enhancements are correctly implemented
- Oversee the UAT process
- Develop e-learning materials and provide training to users on new/enhanced systems
- 3+ years’ experience as a Business Systems Analyst with similar responsibilities
- Proven ability to quickly assimilate new domains
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with project management best practices, processes and knowledge areas
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is a must
- Proven ability to meet strict deadlines and work well under pressure
- Knowledge of T-SQL, Windows 7, MS Project and MS Visio
- Experience with Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Agile methodologies are a plus
Send/fax/email cover letter and resume to:
New York City Campaign Finance Board
100 Church Street, 12th Floor
New York, New York 10007
Fax: (212) 409-1705
The NYC Campaign Finance Board (CFB), a nonpartisan, independent city agency that enhances the role of New York City residents in elections, seeks an Engagement Coordinator. This position is designed for a creative, energetic individual who is interested in voter engagement. The candidate would educate community members about the CFB’s voter engagement initiative, NYC Votes.
- Developing and executing a city-wide outreach plan for the agency’s community engagement initiatives.
- Identifying and developing partnerships that increase voter registration drives, GOTV, advocacy and education efforts.
- Managing the voter registration and outreach role of city agencies covered under Local Law 29.
- Regularly attend community meetings.
- Conduct internal and external trainings.
- Understanding engagement and outreach strategies
- Proven ability to develop organizational partnerships
- Experience negotiating agreements with community partners
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with grant writing
- Bachelor’s degree
- Candidate must have at least three years related work experience
- Ability to connect with others and maintain strong relationships
- Experience working in diverse NYC communities
- The position will require working evening and weekends and holidays as necessary to complete assigned duties and responsibilities
- Spanish speaking a plus
- New York City residency must be obtained within 90 days of starting the position